In this article I’ll be covering how to deploy Adobe Flash Player using a Windows active directory environment.
- Windows Server (2003/2008/2012)
- Active Directory at functional level 2003 or higher.
- Windows Professional (XP/VISTA/7/8/8.1)
- Basic understanding of Group Policy Objects (GPO) and group policy management.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory, Windows Server and Windows Professional.
- Visit adobe.com to apply for a license to distribute Adobe Flash Player.
- Obtain the distributable MSI installation files for:
- Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer
- Adobe Flash Player for other browsers
- Create a share on the server for your distributable MSI files or store them in an existing share accessible via UNC path.
- Create a GPO and link it at the Organizational Unit (OU) which contains the computers you want to deploy to.
- Run gpupdate on the server.
- Run gpupdate /force on workstations or simply reboot workstations to complete the installation before the next logon.